MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £38,000 - £41,000
depending on experience What we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically, for this role you will work 4days on-site. The opportunity:
Conduct First Article Inspection (FAI) activities as part of the delivery of the Industrial Validation plans ensuring that Manufacturing and related processes are applied across all projects and to help review supplier FAIs to ensure they meet MBDA requirements.
This is a challenging ‘Subject Matter Expert' role that requires a highly technical mind set and a considerable level of attention to detail. It will offer variety across a number of key topics within the Manufacturing environment and will offer you the chance to make a significant contribution to product safety, continual improvement and our business reputation.
What we're looking for from you:
- Undertake preparation of First Article Inspections activities through the analysis of the manufacturing data-pack and understanding of the associated processes, gathering all the necessary information required.
- Produce First Article Inspection reports by auditing and analysing the operations and processes being conducted in the relevant manufacturing area.
- Identify non-conformances and areas for improvement during the FAI process ensuring the relevant IAR (improvement Action Requests) are managed to satisfactory closure.
- Carry out the compilation of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) detailing findings from FAI conducted.
- Provide technical and process support to manufacturing to support closure of non-conformances ensuring that the necessary actions have been implemented to prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Conduct reviews of Supplier FAIRs ensuring they meet the requirements placed on them by MBDA, liaising with the Industrial manufacturing engineers to help resolve any issues identified in order to release the parts for use in production.
- Qualified to minimum HNC/HND in relevant subject ideally.
- Quality Audit experience required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EN/AS9100 and EN/AS9102.
- Experience in the compilation of FAI reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capability to identify sustainable business improvements & ensure effective implementation.
- Recognise and understand internal and external customer requirements, and respond to them.
- Planning and organising skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.