As an Electrical Designer you will be responsible for the creation and development of electrical and instrumentation design drawings, construction and demolition requirements, identification of testing requirements and to assist with troubleshooting of modifications and new installations.
This role supports the sites continuous improvement activities as well as supporting new Capital Project developments to meet business and site needs. You will be contributing to Hazard Studies, LOPA’s, design reviews and project reviews. You will be working with onsite customers from projects, production, maintenance and supporting departments to ensure that the design meets the requirements of the end user.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 250 organisation, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 12,600 people. We have more 200 years of success behind us; be part of the next stage of our growth journey and help maintain our reputation as one of the most admired organisations in our field. Our unique culture and people give us competitive advantage and will ensure our success for years to come. You can be part of that success story.
- Design and modification of schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, loop drawings, cable routing drawings, panel layout drawings, block cable diagrams, motor control centres
- Drafting of scopes of work, bill of materials, termination schedules, equipment data sheets, cable schedules, labelling schedules, proof testing documents, cable transfer documents
- Supporting the installation supervisor by providing design packs and technical support as required.
- Conducting FAT’s on site and at supplier locations
- Estimation of costings for E/I design and installation
- Self-manage and progress design office requests to an agreed priority list
Requirements for the role:
- HNC in Electrical Design or equivalent
- Significant practical design experience on a Top Tier COMAH site within a process or manufacturing environment
- A good understanding of P&ID’s, line diagrams, process data sheets and mechanical drawings
- Use of Trimble pro design to calculate/confirm cable sizing’s and protection
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD 2019 A working knowledge in low voltage power system, and instrumentation and control loop design
- A working knowledge and demonstrable application of BS7671:2018 Requirements for electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations) & BS EN 61439 Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies.
- A working knowledge of DCS/PLC systems (Emerson Delta V, Hima Sella Safety Systems and Mitsubishi PLC’s) (Desirable)
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift-based roles).
At JM, an inclusive culture is integral to our values and ambitions for the future. We are committed to ensuring that everyone can bring their full self to work and thrive in their career. Welcoming everyone to JM, regardless of their unique characteristics, experiences or thoughts allows us to bring many different voices and experiences together to tackle the world's biggest challenges. Being truly inclusive means that all colleagues feel valued for their differences, views and contributions, and feel a sense of belonging at JM.
Johnson Matthey is open for discussion on part time, job share and flexible working patterns.
Closing date for applications: This job advertisement will be posted for a minimum of 2 weeks; early application is advised.
For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.