Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £38,700 - £58,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Reporting to the Asset Policy Standards and Specifications Manager, this is a key role where you will act as the Technical Authority and subject-matter expert in SSEN for Transformers, Reactors, CT's and VT's from LV to 132kV.
This role develops and maintains SSE's Specifications relating to these assets as well as being the point of reference for the policy and procedures relating to the installation, operation, inspection and maintenance of SSE's distribution equipment ensuring compliance, safety, quality and efficiency.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- First and foremost, to actively promote safe working practice in the team and wider SSEN, ensuring compliance of our equipment with international standards and relevant safety and environmental legislation.
- Acting as a competent Technical Authority in the Distribution Networks business you will be responsible for SSE's Specifications relating to Transformers, Reactors, CT's and VT's as well as being the point of reference for the policy and procedures relating to the installation, operation, inspection and maintenance of SSE's distribution equipment.
- You will own and continuously develop SSEN Specifications and Standards and act as the technical Authority in the Procurement Assessment process providing optimal solutions to the business, and ensure the approved documentation is delivered 'on time' and to the necessary quality to comply with the procurement processes.
- Lead smooth roll-out of equipment changes and manage new equipment introduction to minimise the impact to business. Liaise with training schools and project teams to trial new equipment and provide constant support when needed.
- You'll liaise with manufacturers to explore new developments, and be required to witness FAT's and conduct Factory assessment visit on behalf of SSE. You will also act as point of reference between manufacturers and SSE upon equipment defects or non conformance and develop solutions for the company.
What do I need?
To succeed in this role you will be a qualified Electrical Engineer with a strong working knowledge of the specifications and operation of transformers, reactors, VT's and CT's used on the Distribution and Transmission Networks including good knowledge of statutory, regulatory & license requirements, safety and environmental legislation.
In addition, we would love you to have:
- Good knowledge of Asset Management and how asset intensive organisations function; either from other roles within SSE, other energy network roles or from experience gained working for other utilities, engineering consultancies, DNO equipment suppliers or delivery contractors.
- Change management experience relating to implementing new policies / standards and new equipment.
- Knowledge of asset management practices, asset systems, operation and safety of high voltage electricity networks.
- As this is a field based role and a full UK driving licence is an essential requirement.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.