MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48k to £55k
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical (EO) Seekers & Sensors Department as the Lead for our Modelling and Tools team. We are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist Electro-Optical design support. Depending on the programme this will vary from specification and assessment through to delivery and support. We also lead and conduct industry-leading innovative R&D activities to support future emerging programmes.
The work is broad, multifaceted, varied and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and experienced team that will support you in delivering our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
The successful applicant will join our Modelling & Tools team, working with our internal experts and project leads to develop the mathematical models and tools needed to support the development of ground-breaking electro-optical sensors for our complex weapons.What we're looking for from you:
A well-rounded Systems Engineer with experience across the full lifecycle, including:
- A background in mathematical modelling and coding using tools such as MathWorks Matlab and Simulink.
- Experience in model verification & validation, configuration control and release processes.
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work.
- Team Leadership and People Management skills, or a strong desire to take on this responsibility.
We expect all our candidates to a strong set of positive behaviours, as evidenced through:
- Innovation: Continually striving for improvement in all aspects of their work.
- Commitment: Having a consistent track record of on time delivery particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Integrity: Keeping their word, delivering on their promises and learning from mistakes.
- Passion: Being adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Team Spirit: Ability to engage with a broad range of partners and forge strategic technical relationships.
Additionally, any of the following would be advantageous:
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-band.
- Experience of managing engineering work packages to deliver value outcomes, including co-ordination of other engineering disciplines and subject matter experts.
- Managing stakeholders, including customers and/or suppliers.
- Application of Defence, Military or other aerospace standards and design assurance processes is useful.
- Experience of working in AGILE teams and applying AGILE frameworks.
- Knowledge of missile related technologies such as imaging, sensors, guidance, navigation, propulsion, datalinks, energetics, etc.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.