About the role
Our projects are more than just your opportunity to make your mark; they're an opportunity to stretch, test and develop your expertise. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as an Electrical Design Engineer and you'll be part of our legacy. The role can be based from any of our regional offices with travel required to the Maxim Park office in Motherwell.
- To create electrical designs and procure specialist packages in heavy industries.
- Provide key support to existing and upcoming EC&I design work packages.
*NB. Due to the nature of the projects, any interested candidates must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance.
What you'll be doing
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you'll have the following accountabilities;
- Design LV electrical distribution systems
- Input into the design of control systems, SCADA and communication networks
- Create the following documentation: Specifications & Datasheets, Cable Calculations & Schedules, Drawings
- Review and check manufacturer documents & information for compliance with project specifications
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers
Who we're looking for
You will need to have the following:
- Proven prior experience working on mid-large scale construction projects in a Design Engineer capacity, covering Electrical control & Instrumentation
- Ability in being able to come up with designs and take the lead on calculations
- Proficient in the use of Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign
- Clear focus on collaboration and building relationships with other designers and project team members to deliver cost effective and acceptable design solutions
- Microsoft Office experience is essential including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material
- Ideally hold experience in a broad range of heavy industries such as petrochemical, power generation and nuclear
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver some of the UKs most ambitious, exciting and meaningful projects; developing, building and maintaining the vital infrastructure that supports national economies and strengthens communities.
Why join us?
As if contributing to and supporting work that makes life better for millions wasn't rewarding enough, we offer a full range of benefits too. You'll have the freedom to shape the package thats right for you and your life. Here are some of our key benefits:
- Smart working, giving you more flexibility such as staggered start and finish times, with up to 40% remote working, where roles allow.
- 25 days paid annual leave (pro rata)
- Family friendly policies which include 28 weeks full pay for maternity/adoption leave and four weeks full pay for paternity/partners leave
- Pension, share incentive plan, volunteering leave, recognition schemes and much more
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick is a leader in mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions.
We design, install and maintain the complex systems and technologies that underpin the UKs national infrastructure and bring buildings to life.
Diversity and inclusion
At Balfour Beatty we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential components of any successful, happy workplace. Through our Value Everyone Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan, we are growing our diverse workforce and developing our inclusive culture where everyone is able to thrive and reach their full potential, regardless of their identity or background. To find out how we are making this a reality, visit www.balfourbeatty.com/diversityandinclusion
We are a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role. For more info, visit: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
We are looking to continually improve our resourcing process and ensure that it is fair and inclusive for all. If you have any feedback on the process, please share this with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.