MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £43,000
depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
: This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site in Stevenage, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home occasionally as part of dynamic working arrangements. The opportunity:
An exciting opportunity is available within the Manufacturing Engineering team for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility, the development / production manufacturing lines, and translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
The role will allow an individual to grow their knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
Working with the Principal Engineer, you will potentially be working on multiple projects, responsible for manufacturing problem identification and resolution:
What we're looking for from you:
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, process proving activities etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing documentation and industrial validation
- Support the Non Conformance Process
- Ensure products are produced in most economical proficient manner
- Assume the responsibilities for safe operating implementation for changed processes, including liaising with COSHH assessors, SHE and Human factors
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions maintaining production BOMs
- Tooling development and control
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 And Formal further education certificate to ONC.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC/HND/ Relevant Engineering Degree And Relevant Experience
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.