About the Role
Base Location: Swindon, Melksham, Andover, Slough, West London, Reading or Theale
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 Hours | Flexible Working options available
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our team!
As a Design Engineer you will be working as part of our project refinement team responsible for a portfolio of work.
Youll be required to complete site visits across SSENs South Distribution Network, liaising with all stakeholders to ensure the scheme you are working on is fully compliant and feasible for delivery.
You'll ensure that all network alterations driven by our CAPEX and OPEX Investment can be constructed safely, cost effectively and to SSENs Policies and Procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be at the forefront of enabling the SSE to meet its Net Zero ambitions.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing a number of deliverables that are part of wider network alterations, refurbishments, and wayleave terminations from LV cables, 11kV distribution sub stations up to and included our 33kV network.
- Liaise with customers, land agents, local authorities, and SSE colleagues to achieve a fit for purpose design, this will include visiting site.
- Identifying archaeology, ecological, environmental concerns and other land designations prior to works starting.
- Producing design deliverables (drawings, documents, access package and PCIs) to be ready for handover with construction team. All deliverables are to be produced using SSENs Design Standards.
- Acting as Principal Designer you will ensure all schemes handed to delivery are CDM compliant, reducing and mitigating all health and safety risks.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role you must have…
- Knowledge and experience in the design/construction of new cable routes, new overhead lines, network refurbishment, plant replacement and alterations on the LV to 33kV networks.
- An understanding of CDM regulations.
These additional skills/qualifications would be advantageous, but not essential as training can be provided
- Electrical and Electronic Qualification or equivalent.
- IOSH/NEEBOSH or similar health and safety qualification.
- Knowledge of Land Designations/consents and requirements for working within these areas.
- Experience of working with the NRSWA code of practice
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About the Department
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any flexible working requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051..
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.