Explore this exciting opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer at AWE, where you can leverage your expertise in electronics hardware design and firmware. Specialise in crafting innovative, low-powered sensor-based systems within a dynamic R&D environment.
Senior Electronics Engineer
Location: Reading (office based)
Salary: £44,990 - £71,110 per annum (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024
As a Senior Electronics Engineer within our Warhead Engineering group, you will play a vital part in supporting the team to develop hardware designs from concept to prototype demonstration. Essential candidate criteria for the role, includes experience in the following;
- Electronics Design (one or more of the following: analogue, digital, battery/low power
- Embedded Software Development (C / C++ / C#)
- ECAD Knowledge
- Interface Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
In addition to this, it would be advantageous for candidates to have knowledge of electronic design simulation tools (Pspice/LTspice). There will also be significant collaboration with our US colleagues, and therefore a candidate who is open to travel opportunities to the US is desirable.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
- Designing, building and testing novel solutions to solve technical challenges in a security-based framework.
- Understanding of low power components utilising MSP/STM platforms
- Define and implement the technical strategy for core programmes.
- Leading the design and development of products to time and cost
- Utilising experience in SPICE simulation and ECAD tools to deliver hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Support integration of products into wider systems
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future.
To be considered for the role, we require candidates to hold a degree qualification and/or extensive experience in electronic engineering, working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 Weeks Full Pay!
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.