MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary : Up to £43,000 (
dependent on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
: The role is 37 hours per week with flexible start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business. There is an expectation that the majority of time is spent on-site.The opportunity:
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering function for a Senior PCBA Engineer to join the rapidly growing CCA/PCBA team with a predicted output due to triple in the next 5 years.
The Senior PCBA is responsible for various technical aspects of CCA/PCBA. This will involve working on continuous improvement activities, representing the manufacturing team at various technical forums and solve technical problems. The nature of our products will give you the opportunity to work with the assembly of complex circuit cards in a high mix/low volume environment.
You will also have the chance to grow your knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Areas such as Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that you can get experience in.What we're looking for from you: Qualifications:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 with formal further education certificate to HND or equivalent in relevant subject OR
- BEng/BSc in relevant Engineering/Technical Degree
Additional knowledge (desired not essential):
- Experience in Circuit Card Manufacturing or Design
- Knowledge of CCA/PCBA Processes and Technologies
More about the role:
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to process improvements
- Proficient in computer and internet use, including proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office Suite & manufacturing systems such as: ERP systems, Manufacturing Execution System etc.
- Training in IPC J Std-001 and IPC-610
- Knowledge of Electro Static Discharge and its prevention
Working with the Manufacturing Engineering Team, you will be working on multiple projects / multiple manufacturing tasks:
- Support the manufacturing area in its growth and rate increase
- Support CI activities
- Support manufacturing architecture plans to operate lean principles, whilst also compiling business cases for process improvements/factory of the future concepts
- Support the Non-Conformance Process
- Interface with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), or in the production phase for change implementation including supporting the NPI team in creating design rules for manufacturability of CCAs
- Ensure processes and equipment contribute to a safe working environment following both company processes and legal obligations.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods, processes and equipment to provide a robust and repeatable manufacturing system.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Write and review manufacturing work instructions
- Review and control design changes including Bill of Materials creation and maintenance
- Resolve issues and queries with the operations team on shop floor
- Perform and review PFMEAs
- Develop tooling to aid the manufacturing process
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.