About the Role
Base Location: Slough, Reading or West London
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + car/cash allowance + operational response allowance + "London allowance" if based in Slough/West London + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for an Electrical Network Engineer to join our team!
As an Electrical Network Engineer you'll be responsible in the field for guaranteeing that emergency and fault work is completed efficiently & effectively.
You will work diligently to restore power to external customers as quickly as possible, with a focus on delivering a safe outcome for the workforce, customers, and the environment.
You will use your engineering knowledge to guide and direct our internal resource and project managers to solutions. You will be keen to solve problems and provide great customer service.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a field-based technical expert and point of escalation.
- Be responsible for ensuring workloads are prioritised, managed and repaired in the most effective way possible; this workload will cover all of the current Live Screen work.
- Repair or escalate Live Screen work towards a zero target for any Guaranteed Standard failure.
- Ensure that SSEN's customers remain at the core of every decision to ensure great customer service performance and value is delivered by self, team and contract partners, to meet and exceed customer and regulator expectations.
- Completing four site visits each week and promoting behavioural safety at every opportunity.
What do I need?
You will have sound business and technical knowledge of electricity distribution, with a basic understanding of how a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) operates and generates revenue and incentives within the current price control period.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A City & Guilds 232 or equivalent and/or experience within electrical utilities environment.
- Thorough understanding of local business plan derived from regulatory price control submission, with an appreciation of unit cost and financial awareness.
- The ability and knowledge to engage at all levels and instil a high performing culture.
- A passion for safety and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
Travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so teamwork will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.