Continuous Improvement Engineer
Sekisui Engineering & Maintenance Department are looking to appoint a full time, Permanent Continuous Improvement Engineer with controls experience preferred. Reporting to the Associate Director of Engineering, the scope of the role includes ensuring Equipment, Utilities and Facilities have maximized uptime, by ensuring the performance, reliability, enhanced quality, root cause and safety issues are addressed. Delivery of Improvement/ Capital projects and less complex Capital Projects, from concept to completion is also desired.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:-
- Ensure that a pro-active approach is taken to continuous improvement, by listening to the customer’s requirements, daily issues and understanding the true root cause of the process challenges.
- Ensure that all areas of work are scrutinized to ensure a Reliability Centered Maintenance approach is taken to Reduce Costs & Improve Efficiency.
- Continuous Improvement activities may include complex utility systems, PLC’s, instrumentation, electrical systems, HVAC, electronic systems, refrigeration, air, water, steam and any other production equipment.
- Ensure ability to interpret/ modify drawings, layouts, P&ID’s, wiring diagrams and specifications.
- Ensure current activity is clearly communicated to all key stakeholders. Ensure the wider Kent employees are aware of the progress by presenting at staff briefings & key meetings.
- Ensure that frequent reports on Continuous Improvement Analysis are presented to line manager, that clearly identify the current issues, methodology to follow to resolve, implementation timeline plans, resource planning, cost planning and actions.
Education / Experience:
- Must hold a Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Electrical/ Instrumentation Biased),
- Must have previous experience of a GMP production environment,
- Preferable knowledge of Auto-CAD software,
- Must have previous demonstrated experience of an Engineering change control system,
- Desirable to be able to communicate with Allen Bradley PLC’s and understand ladder logic to fault find or suggest changes/ enhancements thoughtfully,
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Clear Communicator, Organized Approach, Problem Solver, Approachable,
- Clear proven presentation skills,
- Clear proven project management skills, including use of Microsoft project or similar,
- Able to work in isolation on complex issues, but also be able to collaborate, where required,
- Able to take and follow guidance/ direction on a daily basis from line manager, without question,
- Must be able to draw on experience and suggest/ execute improvements to current systems to enhance the user’s operational experience.
- Desirable to be able to fault find on Allen Bradley PLC’s to remediate plant issues and operability issues.
- Desirable to be able to suggest ways to maintain control of system software builds across the sites.
- Desirable to ensure that all required spares and back up strategies are in place for all control system elements, to ensure minimal downtime.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2017