Test Systems Lead
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within Electronic Engineering for Test Systems Leads.
The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, from overall Missile test to Board test plus Simulators and Field Support equipment. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of the activities of highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams working on leading edge Test Systems products from conception through to customer support. Packages of work vary in value, but can be as large as £10m.
The role requires both technical capability and technical project management experience and is an ideal way to gain visibility across the company and hands-on experience of complex test system development.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role will often span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
The role offers a unique opportunity to manage significant Test Systems development programmes as the Test System design authority and to build and develop all aspects of high achieving teams of multi-disciplined engineers.
Interfacing at all levels of the business, including some of our most senior people, will provide excellent visibility and networking opportunities for future career progression.
What’s great about joining this team?
Managing all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex Test Systems as part of a dedicated team focused on delivery and technical excellence will be stimulating and rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
Collaborative working with other functions of MBDA, in particular Mechanical and Software Engineering and Production will provide wide knowledge of MBDA and its operations which will be invaluable when considering higher level career aspirations.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline e.g. Electronics, with a significant track record of experience of designing and leading the design of manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment.
- Having a broad technical knowledge of Test System architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and Software disciplines.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Familiarity and, preferably, the application of the software languages and tools used in automated test solutions (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)