Mobile Fleet Technician
Mobile Fleet Technician
£17.00 per hour – circa £32,000 per annum
40 hours per week
As our flexible, highly practical and trustworthy Mobile Fleet Technician, you will have ample scope to employ your diagnostic skills and initiative, as you examine, test and repair vehicles, carrying out preventative maintenance and reporting on condition, serviceability and safety.
G4S Cash Solutions is the UK’s leading provider of integrated cash handling services, transporting, storing and processing cash for a wide range of customers. To meet the challenges ahead, it’s essential that we’re supported by people who share our values – including our commitment to delivering the right solution through our expertise.
In the role of Mobile Fleet Technician, you should be capable of:
- Attending call outs, and meticulously completing documentation as required.
- Carrying out maintenance at the correct intervals, using tools and equipment safely, and meeting target repair times.
- Recognising and reporting on the impending failure of vehicles or component parts, and correctly interpreting and taking action on driver-reported defects.
- Ensuring all maintenance is carried out in accordance with company policy, and keeping your own company-issued vehicle clean, tidy and secure.
- Preventing the use of vehicles that are deemed un-roadworthy, or that do not meet our security criteria.
To succeed, you must have:
- Full conversancy with all types of electrical and mechanical vehicles repairs to City & Guilds standards, and, ideally, a NVQ level 2/3 in engineering.
- The ability to interpret and implement technical service information.
- Up to date knowledge of legislation affecting the operation of motor vehicles and ancillary equipment, to NVQ level 2/3.
- Impressive IT literacy, preferably with an ECDL qualification.
- Competency in all diagnostic techniques.
- Clear Criminal Record, no active CCJ’s or IVA’s, not been declared bankrupt in the last 6 years.
Integrity and conscientiousness are also essential, as is a willingness to cover call out, to work autonomously and proactively, and to adapt and grow with the organisation.
All employees of G4S Cash Solutions have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Each employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance, making them integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and childcare voucher scheme. We also believe in promoting our best people from within the business.
To apply, please visit our website and search ‘Mobile Fleet Technician’ and select the location which is most suitable for you.
Closing Date: 8th July 2017