Senior Defence Maritime Safety Consultant (CA-SDMSC-01)
Would you like to join a growing maritime safety team? We are looking for an experienced engineer with Royal Navy or DE&S maritime experience to make a significant technical contribution to our busy team in the Bristol area. You’ll find yourself working on a range of exciting ship and submarine projects, both for the MOD and commercial customers – in the UK as well as for an international client base. You can expect to be challenged intellectually and professionally, with job variety and opportunities for travel, visiting clients at home and abroad. You will also be in a position to help shape the team as we integrate with our new owners RINA SpA.
- The Senior Maritime Safety Consultant will provide decision quality advice and assurance to DE&S Delivery Teams and Industrial Suppliers on platform and equipment safety.
- Planning and delivery of safety management activities within maritime programmes
- Legislation, Regulation and Standards Compliance in accordance with MOD Shipping Regulations
- Evidence-based safety risk management – hazard identification, analysis and control
- Development and assurance of Safety Arguments for platforms and equipment in support of Naval Authority Certification, the Safety and Environmental Case, and the Regulator’s Document of Compliance
Qualifications & experience
- Honours Degree or higher in an appropriate engineering discipline is desirable
- Engineering Council Registration (CEng Preferred) Extensive experience as a Royal Navy Engineer, and/or within DE&S Maritime Project Teams
- Relevant maritime safety qualifications (such as SSMO, SEMT)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development in safety management
You will have the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues; you will be able to present ideas successfully, offering strong negotiation, persuasion and listening skills, with a flexible and positive approach to work. You will also possess exceptional report writing skills, striving for the highest quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling expectations. You’ll have a natural or developing ability to engage with existing or potential customers, building trust and confidence.
Edif ERA provide engineering and consultancy services to reduce risk, optimise performance and enhance capability, giving our customers in defence and security, energy, industry, and transport sectors the confidence to build successful operations. We have a depth of expertise which has developed from our long and rich history that goes beyond standard engineering consultancies. We are proud to put our people and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions; you’ll enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction; you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you’ll find yourself working with world-class clients in a variety of market sectors.