Business Development Manager – Space & Defence Consultancy (CA-BDM-01)
Edif ERA, part of the RINA group, is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join our Space & Defence Business Unit. The role will be instrumental in the development and growth of Decision Support Services across our industry sectors. We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to provide the momentum and success we need to achieve our ambitious growth plans. The role will involve UK and Worldwide travel.
You’ll work with the BD Director to strategically and proactively develop new business within high calibre professional services, such as, Business and Service Design, Business Transformation, Operational Excellence, Business Process Engineering, Change Management, Bid and Programme Management; supported by Project and Financial Controls, Process Modelling & Simulation Solutions. Key responsibilities include:
- Campaign planning, support the delivery of the business strategy and plan, contributing ideas and opportunities
- Focus on new business opportunities for Space & Defence including client visits and customer management
- Support our focus on customer satisfaction, repeat business and developing new markets
- Provide support and lead on major contracts, tenders and quotations
- Update the pipeline/opportunities tool with new prospects to be followed up
- Lead and support contract closing activities and capture lessons learned
- Explore opportunities for alliances and partnerships to exploit new markets and opportunities
- Work with the management team to identify potential acquisition opportunities
- Work with our sister companies across the RINA Group to develop ‘cross selling’ and mutual opportunities with clients
- Track competitor activity and provide timely updates on competitor news and intelligence to the team
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports of business development activities delivered and planned
Qualifications & experience
- Track record of success in a Business Development role (Relationship Manager, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Business Capture, Business Manager or similar) preferably from a consulting services / solutions business
- Demonstrable achievement of growing a profitable business within the Defence industry would be advantageous
- A strong current personal network within the Defence sector
- Significant experience in writing, appraising and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements
- Due to the security clearance requirements of the role candidates should be SC cleared at the point of employment
You’ll be a highly motivated self-starter, goal focussed and tenacious. Your communication and listening skills teamed with your proactive approach enable you to immediately establish fruitful working relationships with customers and colleagues. You’re able to present ideas successfully and are armed with strong negotiation and persuasion skills. You’ll have a flexible approach, happy to adapt to changing business needs and at home working under pressure with multiple demands.
Edif ERA provide engineering and consultancy services to reduce risk, optimise performance and enhance capability, giving our customers in defence and security, energy, industry, and transport sectors the confidence to build successful operations. Edif ERA is now part of the RINA Group (www.rina.org), a global engineering TICC (Testing, Inspection, Certification & Consultancy) business with €380m annual revenues and over 4,000 employees. We have a depth of expertise which has developed from our long and rich history that goes beyond standard engineering consultancies.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions, you’ll enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction, you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you’ll find yourself working with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.