Information Management System Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This role is for a Systems Engineer who will join the Product Engineering Group to design and develop the Information Management System, in accordance with the logical architecture and system level constraints and identified standards. The candidate should be experienced in modern database technologies, Model Based Systems Engineering, and familiar with Tactical C4i systems. They will be familiar with producing candidate designs, conducting trade studies, working within design constraints and adapting COTS to operate in the tactical domain.
• Breadth and depth of competence in Systems Engineering, specifically with expertise in:
o Requirements Analysis
o System Design and Model Based Systems Engineering
o Working with defined standards
o Defining and conducting trade studies
o Performing make / buy analysis
o Authoring of high quality
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Relational and NoSQL databases
• Database replication technologies
• Canonical Data Model design pattern
• Data Modelling techniques
• JSON & XML
- Knowledge of the Bowman system
- Tactical / impaired / disadvantaged networking
- Knowledge of UDP / TCP
- RESTful web services
- Agile working practices (SAFe, Scrum)
- Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML
- Knowledge of commercial IT architectures and technologies
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.