Senior Technical Engineer
The Senior Technical Engineer is key member of the Senior Management Team within the business and company group. The Senior Technical Engineer is also responsible for leading engineering works on High Voltage (11kV, 33kV and 132kV) electrical projects, during initial installation and ongoing operation and maintenance. The applicant shall be experienced and competent in working with electrical systems, including a knowledge of control and protection schemes. Training and competency assessment will be provided by Renewable Energy Connections Limited (“REC”) to develop the role of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) up to 132kV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and actively contribute to the following (but not limited to);
- SAP duties on new and existing sites renewable/generation sites.
- Control Engineer and mentor for developing SAP’s.
- HV & LV cable networks design, installation and testing.
- HV & LV switchgear selection, installation and commissioning.
- Electrical protection schemes and commissioning.
- HV substation building requirements, design and installation.
- Grid compliance and earthing studies; specify requirements, assign consultants and review of reports.
- Specify equipment and materials for procurement.
- Liaison of DNO representatives.
- Liaison of all associated 3rd parties, such as BT and utility companies.
- appointment of specialist contractors for electrical works where required.
- Sub-contracting to O&M providers (both related partied and third parties as applicable.
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) up to 33kV as minimum. Training will be provided to obtain 132kV authorisation.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a Distribution Network Operator (DNO).
- Experience in High Voltage system design, operation and protection.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software packages.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD (preferable but not essential, training can be provided).
- Qualifications in Electrical installations and inspections or equivalent in experience.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering.