Principal Consultant - Solar PV– Sydney (RS-PCSPV-01)
Would you like to join a growing Renewables and Sustainability technical Advisory team in Manly, Sydney? OST Energy, part of the RINA Group, is one of the world’s most experienced renewables consulting engineers having worked on over 30GW of wind, solar and other renewables. Due to increasing demand for our services in Australia and Asia Pacific we’re currently looking for a Principal Consultant - Solar PV to join our award winning team. We offer a dynamic working environment with a bright future and promote staff wellbeing with a comprehensive programme of training, development and benefits.
We are now looking for strong candidates to support our continued growth and expansion in this exciting market. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical due diligence on large scale solar PV projects for Investors, Lenders, IPPs and Developers
- Monitoring and reporting on PV projects through the construction and operational phases
- Providing technical engineering support on PV projects at all stages of the project development cycle
- Reviewing of resource, technologies, structural studies, electrical design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements
- EPC tender design, co-ordination, management, evaluation and review
- Project risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within the internal team and stakeholders
- Leading business development activities i.e. development of new solutions, proposal writing and client presentations
Qualifications & experience
- Experience (>8 years) working in the large scale solar PV sector across the role responsibilities detailed above
- Consultancy experience or Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree)
- Project and people management experience
- Eligibility to live and work in Australia (e.g. Australian citizen or holder of / eligible for an Australian working visa).
- Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical / mechanical PV system components
- Understanding of project development economics and project finance
- Related technologies experience e.g. distribution & transmission systems, rooftop systems, off-grid PV, mini grids, battery storage etc
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. wind, CSP, biomass, conventional combustion technologies
- Prior experience with the Australian renewables market
We are looking for talented and experienced people able to exceed the expectations of our world-class clients. You’ll be a leader able to bring together expert teams and promote an inspiring environment influencing those around you to deliver technical excellence. Your energy and drive will promote collaboration and innovative solutions. As a strong communicator you’ll have highly-developed report writing and presentation skills, practiced negotiation skills and the ability to engage clients with your articulate and credible manner. You’ll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and marketing our services to capture business and develop relationships. Your customer focus, technical expertise and results orientated thinking will enable you to achieve your objectives. You’ll ensure project management methodologies and practices are consistently applied across the team. You work well in changing circumstances and as a ‘self-manager’ take satisfaction from delivering against your promises.
OST Energy is a team of experts specialising in providing technical advisory services and investment support to Investors, Lenders, IPPs and Developers. You can learn more about us and our work on our website via the Apply button.
More searches like this
- Design Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer