Technical Operations Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated, results and solution orientated manager to design, implement, manage and grow all technical aspects of our operation. Working with the support of the wider BSR group platform of technical experts, the Technical Operations Manager be responsible for providing direct technical expertise into system and process design, as well as overseeing other technical areas such as system integration and installations.
Specific tasks are not limited to:
- Specification of modular Energy Storage Solution (ESS) for Omnio business model;
- Management of ESS supply partner and negotiation of technical terms;
- Implementation of efficient and diligent pre-install survey & site selection process;
- Implementation of efficient and customer friendly install process, including site commissioning;
- Selection, monitoring and management of installation team;
- Design and implementation of communications protocol between ESS, aggregator, Omnio and host business;
- System and process integration with third party aggregator;
- Creation of site and portfolio monitoring system & process;
- Technical input to business development process as required;
- Establishment and oversight of requisite technical standards, including H&S.
Technical, professional and educational background:
- Electrical engineering, with or working towards chartered professional status;
- Experience in managing B2B energy solutions;
- NICEIC certification: not essential but would be viewed very positively;
- Experience in or detailed knowledge of energy storage technology and markets;
- Experience in business / solution design highly desirable;
- Practical experience of monitoring / communications systems and device / information systems integration;
- IT literate.
We are looking for someone who can multi-task, is solutions orientated, highly professional and a commercial thinker.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a crucial role in growing and establishing one of the most talked about new energy storage businesses in the country. The successful candidate will be joining a small and innovative team with huge ambitions for expansion over the coming years, but with the support of a solid and robust parent company to provide security.
Salary: Relating to experience
Holidays: 25 days
Location: Somerset. Initially Shepton Mallet, relocation to Bristol in late 2017
Benefits: Pension, private health, training support as required
Closing date for applications - Monday 10th July 2017
Please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org