Electrical Fitter x 2
Electrical Fitter x 2
Argyll and Bute; base locations such as Inveraray or Campbeltown
Salary: up to £31,395 depending on experience
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England. Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
We are part of Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks, operating under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission plc for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland.
We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain. We take the electricity generated from various sources, and transport it to areas of demand around our towns and cities.
You can expect to work on installations, testing, maintenance and repairs of various electrical projects and wiring in accordance with regulations and specifications. This role will suit the technically minded, as you will also be fitting, assembling, installing, commissioning and repairing electrical systems and equipment.
The projects and installations you will be working on are of a wide variety, and sure to provide a stimulating role.
To best carry out our mission, and serve our customers to the highest standard, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- you will have experience of installing, testing, maintaining and repairing electrical installations and wiring in accordance with regulations and specifications
- you will also hold the ability to fit, assemble, install and repair an array of electrical systems and equipment
- an educational qualification, or completion of a recognised apprenticeship, will be held, in an electrical related discipline
- your role will involve travel; you will need a full UK driving license
This role involves working with many different people, across many different platforms, so we ask for a few key competencies;
- safety is a top priority of yours, and you ensure you follow all health and safety guidelines in everything you do
- you will be competent with IT systems, in particular Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. If you have a flare for piking up new IT systems, that’s a great advantage
- your communication skills will be excellent, both written and verbal, with an ability to convey complex messages in an transferable manner
- whilst you will enjoy working as a team, you will also be able to work independently
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return for being your best for our customers, you'll also enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
Click the Apply button to submit your application.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 28th June 2017.