Supply Restoration Team Manager - 33kV SAP
Supply Restoration Team Manager (512355)
Location: Daneshill, Basingstoke
Salary: £38,265 - £50,539 (SS08) depending on skills and experience + car
Full Time – Permanent
Who is Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks?
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across the north of Scotland and Central Southern England. Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
What does Operations do?
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
I like the sound of that, what about the role itself?
Your role will be wide spanning, providing technical expertise and support to your team and wider stakeholders. You and your team will have responsibility for supply restoration within your region; ensuring the delivery teams within your work area operate safety and deliver performance against set targets such as Customer Interruptions, Customer Minutes Lost and Customer Satisfaction.
You will also manage the delivery of associated work contract, providing a consistent workflow whilst optimising profit contribution for the business. As Team Manager you will ensure all safety, quality, technical and commercial requirements of the project are met, and ensure your teams provide the highest level of quality and service throughout their role.
As a subject matter expert, you will lead, develop and hone the skills and capability of your teams through performance management and encouragement of skills development. Working towards our Leadership Blueprint, you will ensure your team are supported and motivated to operate at the highest service levels.
That sounds interesting, what do you need from me?
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- qualification in Electrical Engineering (min. HNC level) or equivalent experience
- 33kV Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status is essential
- demonstrable experience of operating LV/HV Distribution Networks
- experience and familiarity with all aspects of Operational Practice
- commercial mind with an ability to make informed decisions and negotiate terms when required
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our colleagues;
- safety is our number one priority – high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high level service at all times
- excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- sound knowledge of IT, namely Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook; a flair for picking up new IT systems is a great advantage
- enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
Great. What's in it for me?
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return, you'll enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
I like the sound of that. Where do I apply?
Click the Apply button to submit your application, with a CV to hand, it takes no more than 10 minutes.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 29th June 2017.
As a courtesy, internal candidates should please notify their line manager prior to submitting their application.