System Integration Engineer
General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
To meet this challenge, General Dynamics UK is looking for Engineering and Project Managers, System Architects, Systems Engineers, Platform Engineers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to work on the development, integration and test of the system and products.
Working within a Multi-Disciplined engineering team, following an agile development methodology to deliver the System Engineering aspects of the programme. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support the development of appropriate integration and test plans
- Support detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity
- Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
- Execute defined integration activities
- Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
- Support status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Systems Integration and Test engineering on large scale Defence design and development programs.
- Practical hands on experience in lab and field based military systems testing including equipment/system commissioning and fault finding
- Experience in build and test automation.
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Office tools
- Typically requires degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.