Control Systems Engineer
DuPont Teijin Films is the world’s leading supplier of PET and PEN polyester films. Over 2,500 people work with us around the world while, here in Dumfries, our team of over 200 operate a modern, efficient polymer and film manufacturing operation.
We currently have the following opportunities at our Dumfries site:
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
We have exciting opportunities for Control System Engineers at various levels from graduates to industry experienced engineers.
As a Control Systems Engineer you will provide technical expertise in the support and delivery of electrical engineering solutions as a member of the Dumfries site maintenance team. This is key role at Dumfries and we are looking for candidates who are not only self-motivated and innovative in approach, but also work to the highest health & safety standards.
In this role the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide support to the existing control systems to ensure production targets are met.
- Provide control systems expertise to lead complex control system process trouble-shooting.
- Support control electrical engineering projects. Project management skills would be advantageous.
- Identify, implement and develop control system and equipment improvements to support the manufacturing operation.
- Supervise, mentor and coach vendors, contractors, technicians and engineers when required.
- Bachelors/Masters degree or HNC with relevant experience in Electrical, Electronic, Controls, IT, or Automation Engineering.
- Experience in an automated machinery manufacturing environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Controls engineering skills should include training and/or experience in a selection of the following:
- Proficient in programming of a PLC/SCADA system, preferably Siemens or Rockwell.
- Thorough knowledge of machinery control systems.
- Experience of process control instrumentation.
- Electrical design (control panel and field wiring).
- Hands-on experience fault finding on complex control systems.
- Familiar with the application of variable speed drives.
- Knowledge of industrial communication systems such as Ethernet, Fieldbus etc.
- Knowledge of safety control systems.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office and CMMS (computerised maintenance management system).
Comprehensive training & development will be given to successful candidates.
This role comes with a very competitive re-numeration package dependent on skills and experience including company share scheme, company pension and health cover.
To apply for this position please click on the apply button to visit our website and search:
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER: (Ref. AUT00001044).
More jobs like this
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Manufacturing jobs in Control & Instrumentation
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Manufacturing jobs in Electrical
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Manufacturing jobs in Maintenance & Service
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Manufacturing jobs in Safety
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Manufacturing jobs in Systems