Electronic Hardware Engineers
We are seeking talented Electronic Hardware Engineers at all career levels to work on a wide variety of projects and develop this growing capability within our company. We offer consultancy services across the whole life-cycle of electronic product development to support our clients in the specification, development and verification and validation of their electronic hardware design.
Our projects are varied in scale from producing small prototypes to developing large scale complex electronic hardware for use in the most heavily regulated industries.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams across the company to rapidly expand these services in a range of business sectors. Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
You will possess a minimum 2:1 degree in an Electronic Engineering or related degree and you will have a fundamental understanding of Electronic Engineering principles either from an academic or commercial background.
You will hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status and have a good expertise in at least one of the following:
- Experience of the design and development of complex electronic hardware. (FPGA / ASIC)
- Experience across the full life-cycle of electronic product development
- Microcontroller system design
- Standard Schematic capture and PCB layout software (ORCAD, Allegro)
- Design optimisation for EMI/RFI, thermal performance
- Circuit simulation and analysis (PSPICE)
- Test automation and hardware in the loop testing
- Safety critical hardware development
- Hardware verification and validation
- Electronic component & equipment obsolescence
- Industry standards methodologies and application
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Technical leadership on projects
- Technical / Safety Case / Design Substantiation Report authorship
As well as the above, a good understanding in any of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Requirements analysis and traceability e.g. using DOORS
- Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Hardware and software integration
- Control system theory
- Modelling and simulation tools, e.g. MATLAB/Simulink
- Serial protocols
- Functional safety
- Configuration management
- Project management
- Preparation of bids and proposals
To find out more please click the apply button.