Senior Programme Manager (Products)
General Dynamics UK is looking for a Project Manager to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
To meet this challenge, General Dynamics UK is looking a Project Manager to lead a team of System Architects, Systems Engineers and Test Engineers to work on the development, integration and test of the system and products – utilising both Waterfall and Agile Programme Management methodologies. They will be responsible for ensuring the timely provision of formal programme and contractual deliverables, Agile performance metrics, progress reports and data/information in support of the key performance indicators on the programme. They will also be accountable for programme budgetary control and effective risk management.
Working with next level Programme Manager and engineering leaders, this role will be responsible for the planning and execution of all GDUK developmental products for EvO.
- This scope will encompass in-house developmental software products
- The Core EvO System Management solution “Manage” which will have large development teams in Oakdale, Hastings, subcontracted scope to a frequency/spectrum management
- The EvO data terminal common operating environment. A Windows based environment with integrated services well as 3rd party supplied services required for the Windows tactical environment
- Subcontracted developmental products including a hardware ancillary device that will integrate with the tactical voice network and data terminals.
- This position will work with internal engineering resources, supply chain as well team members in Canada as required to ensure the delivery of GDUK developed and procured products support the EvO delivery schedule.
- Earned Value management on large product development programmes
- Subcontract and supplier management
- Risk management
- Scheduling and detailed planning with MS Project
- Familiarity with Agile development frameworks such as SAFE would be an asset
- APM qualification APMP
- Experienced Programme or Engineering management experience on hardware and software development projects
- Experienced leading multiple cross functional teams and subcontract management and engineering goverence
- Regular travel will be required as part of this role
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.