Engineering Operations Manager
Engineering Operations Manager - Stansted Airport
Permanent role, shift based
Up to circa £59,400 - subject to skills and experience (inclusive of 17.5% shift allowance)
In this key managerial role, you will lead and develop your Engineering teams and be responsible for ensuring the airport’s engineering operations are running smoothly throughout your shift. You will also ensure the successful delivery of engineering maintenance and assist the airport in meeting key performance indicators (KPI's). This role is offered on a shift basis, typical shift patterns include two day shifts, followed by two night shifts, followed by four days off.
The key responsibilities of the role;
- Ensure your Maintenance teams are developed and deployed to complete all work in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Carry out performance reviews and drive continuous improvement in your teams performance
- Ensure Service Level Agreement targets are met and exceeded by 3rd party suppliers.
- Continuously explore ways to improve delivery to customers and through this achieve excellence in operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are implemented and maintained at all times
- Actively participate in the airport Energy reduction commitment looking for ways to reduce energy consumption
- Ensure the provision of expert engineering management, advice and leadership where appropriate in airport incidents in order to minimise disruption to the business and ensure safety of airport users.
- Ensure that all planned work is completed in accordance with the schedule while meeting quality, time and cost targets. Additionally ensuring reactive work is efficiently and effectively completed within the targets agreed with the customer
- Effective management and control of all maintenance revenue spend, forecasting expenditure and carrying out regular reviews of actual spends vs. allocated budgets
- Assist the business in meeting financial targets and hold responsibility to manage budget within your core area
To be successful in this role, you will have a high energy/ can-do attitude. You must be able to deliver on time and to the highest standard. We will give you the support, skills and tools that you need to be successful if you can bring the drive, personality and desire.
Applications for this role will close shortly, please apply soon to avoid disappointment.