Electrical Design Engineering – Transmission and Distribution
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
- Responsible for the design of cable systems from LV to 400kV
- Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
- Experience in the concepts required in the safe design and operation of electrical networks, and development construction.
- Advising on design and design change issues.
- Substantial experience with Construction and Design Management (CDM).
- Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others
- Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by TSO and DNO specifications, policies, processes and “best practices”.
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of projects to time, to the required quality and to budget
- Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Identification, assessment and adoption of the best technical solution.
- Client Interface management comprising: infrastructure planners, project resource, Direct Labour / Construction team, System Operator, property & consents, procurement and Alliance Delivery Members (ADMs) as well as co-ordinating & attending necessary site meetings.
- Risk and CDM management.
For Specific roles (Power Systems Analysts, Earthing Specialists, P&C, HV Substation, Cable (HVAC&HVDC) & OHL Design Engineers), contact Alex Tedd via the form below.
Academic Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Experience of computer based calculation packages.
- Providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
- Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
- Deliver safe and constructible designs, minimising change and uncertainty during construction stage.
- Reduce costs and programme through innovative design and sharing ideas for repeat application.
- Provide technical expertise to offer alternative more efficient solutions compared with those already used by the client
What Do We Offer?
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!