Product Integration Software Engineer
This role is for an engineer who is part of a team responsible for Product integration and test activity to support design certification, assurance and acceptance for the EvO products. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
Individuals in this role will carry out software Product integration with hardware & software components, defining & executing test cases, and carry out problem solving to identify defects and provide assurance evidence and demonstrations for the system.
Software Product Integration Test Teams operate as part of the product development team and will provide input unto the System demonstration and aid where required the System integration teams at the Value Stream Level within a Scaled Agile Framework. Tasks will be varied and include mainly product integration with some support to the system integration teams
- Competence in Software product Integration and Test – depth of experience in some areas and breadth of understanding across the discipline , practicing as an Software test engineer on a complex development program
- Ability to carry out product test and system activity as part of a team
- Understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is desirable.
- Experience of Test script writing using IBM RTC Quality Manager
- Experience of web application testing using WebDriver
- Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines. Ability to present at progress and system reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholder
- Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Product Integration and Test engineering on strategic products on large scale Defense design and development programs.
- Practical hands on experience in lab and field based military systems testing including equipment/system commissioning and fault finding
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Some Experience/Knowledge of Unix/Linux architecture, services, security features and virtualization
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Office tools
- Typically requires degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More jobs like this
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Control & Instrumentation
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Design
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Electronics
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Project Engineering
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Systems