Area Engineering Manager
1 day left
Area Engineering Manager
Bring your experience in Engineering and Operations to this key leadership role with United Utilities, serving millions in the North West.
Permanent, Full time
Who are we?
We are United Utilities, the North West’s water and wastewater company. It’s our job to bring 3.0 million households and thousands of businesses an incredible 1,700 million litres of clean, clear water each day. We take it all away too, treating it so it’s safe to go back into the rivers.
Our employees and managers are key to achieving our ambitious vision and plans and make sure the 5000 people who work hard for us every day provide a great service to our customers. This year we are investing in our staff to help equip them with the skills they need to deliver great performance.
This is where you come in…
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Engineering Manager to join our team at our Liverpool Wastewater Treatment Works. You will be responsible for leading and inspiring the federated engineering and operational teams to develop the organisational culture, values and the Company reputation to ensure delivery of the United Utilities vision as well as leading the area engineering service provision to support continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the area asset base.
What will you focus on?
Your key accountabilities as Area Engineering Manager will include:
• Leading the engineering service provision and ensuring the appropriate and timely response to operational (safety / compliance / efficiency) events or incidents. Identify and support initiatives to deliver efficiency, compliance and safety improvements
• Supporting the development and maintenance of Integrated Asset Plans for the business area in line with IAP methodology, ensuring that the Area targets are met.
• Design Authority accountability to the Area Business Manager for ensuring all engineering solutions will meet required outcomes, and that appropriate technical governance is applied to the development and delivery of engineering solutions
• Leading the development and embedding of a healthy and safe working environment and culture, ensuring that all aspects of operational performance are managed within a comprehensive H&S framework, to protect and minimise the risk to our staff, customers and operational assets.
What do you need?
To succeed in this Area Engineering Manager role you will be a Chartered Engineer with significant experience in operations and maintenance management and/or the water sector. You will be experienced in operational engineering with a well-developed practical understanding of the maintenance strategies required to deliver a reliable asset base. You will have excellent leadership and people management skills together with the ability to build and develop high performing teams with a proven track record in multi-functional Engineering management.
You will also have:
• Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships across UU and externally.
• Strong Influencing skills in order to influence key leaders at a senior level and across the business.
• Resilience and ability to cope with managing several multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• Sound knowledge of the regulatory environment and commercially aware.
• Strong supply chain experience, ideally through management of third party service providers or operating agreements with internal providers.
• Experience of Design and Construction
• Ability to develop system-based understanding of all assets within designated geographical area.
• Strong knowledge of the market place- technologies, emerging trends and latest developments
• Strong customer service orientation
If you are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this Area Engineering Manager role, just click the APPLY button below and complete the short application.
Area Engineering Manager job reference number: OLR13132