Martin-Baker F35 Lightning ll
Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service’, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Engineer working in the Systems Engineering department at the Denham site. Martin-Baker’s Systems Engineering Department is responsible for specification and design of the Martin-Baker Sequencer (MBS), a triply-redundant embedded computer used to control timing of critical events during the ejection process.
The Systems Engineering Department has a vacancy for a Software Engineers to join its Software Engineering Group.
As a software engineer you will be joining the team responsible for development and maintenance of critical software assets integral to the growth of Martin-Baker. This includes:
- Embedded software run on the MBS
- Embedded and PC-based test software used to verify the behaviour of MBS hardware
- PC-based simulation software, used to model the behaviour of ejection seats during use.
Typical work for the Software Engineering Group includes:
- Working with Systems Engineers to specify system and software requirements,
- Implementing enhancements to any of the systems the team is responsible for,
- Delivering a technology refresh on a software toolchain,
- Improving Systems Engineering department productivity through targeted infrastructure enhancement projects.
Working within Martin-Baker provides unique challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
Martin-Baker has exceptionally high quality requirements for the systems that it produces, and this has a significant impact on all areas of the role. Martin-Baker places a high premium on good quality up-front requirements and design, and uses more iterative techniques where appropriate.
We are looking for good engineers who focus on producing high integrity software solutions, who can work with a wide range of toolsets, and who can reason about software requirements and design independently of the technology used for implementation.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2.1 / 1st degree-qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- CEng qualified desirable.
- Team Working
- Communication Skills
- Technical Knowledge Expertise
- Customer Focus
Experience of at least two of the following:
- C (including MISRA an advantage)
- C# (including Code Contracts)
- Java (including cofoja)
- Ada (including Ada 2012 and SPARK 2014)
Experience of any of the following modelling languages is desirable:
- Formal methods such as Z/CSP/Alloy/TLA+
Experience of any of the following standards is desirable:
- DO-178 B/C
- IEC 61508
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Industry experience within one or more of the following domains:
Previous experience within a safety-critical environment would be an advantage, but is not required.
Any applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency to be considered as they would need to be security cleared.
Please click Apply and email us your CV quoting the REFERENCE NUMBER SOFENG0215/IET and Salary Expectations
More jobs like this
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Software & Hardware jobs in Automation
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Software & Hardware jobs in Design
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Software & Hardware jobs in Electrical
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Software & Hardware jobs in Electronics
- Senior & Chartered Engineer Software & Hardware jobs in Systems