Martin-Baker F35 Lightning ll
Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service’, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Design Engineer working in the Engineering department at the Denham site. The position is responsible for generating design concepts in line with customer requirements and in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards, military standards and MBA requirements. It also requires the production of commercially viable design detail and assembly engineering drawings.
- Supporting the Section Lead, Programmes / Integrated Project Team in defining all necessary engineering work required to gain final acceptance on new and existing Martin-Baker products.
- Supporting the Section Lead in reading, understanding and translating customer performance based specifications, related documents, EU directives, associated standards and other legislative requirements into engineering specifications.
- Supporting the Section Lead / Senior Design Engineer in conducting trade studies into potential engineering solutions to determine the best, most commercially sound solution within the given parameters whilst optimising manufacturability using 3D CAD.
- Carrying out all necessary performance and structural calculations via hand calculations and other software tools such as spreadsheets and finite element analysis etc.
- Producing top level design layouts from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Calling and chairing design reviews as required.
- Producing and maintaining engineering drawings in accordance with engineering procedures.
- Consulting extensively with associates and others, with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Developing and maintaining cost and mass models for products.
- Producing and presenting design review presentations to internal and external customers.
- Produce a variety of detailed reports including e.g. CE marking technical files, load and stress reports.
- Checking engineering drawings for functionality and correctness and ensuring drawing complies with Engineering Drawing Best Practice.
- Generating a variety of engineering documents including reports, e.g. Mass Reports, Costed BOMs, DFMEAs etc.
- Supporting trial installations and take part in ‘voice of the customer’ visits.
- Conducting clearance and interchangeability analysis as required.
- Preparing retrofit and modifications designs.
- Producing, modifying, updating and up-issuing engineering drawings in accordance with Martin-Baker engineering change procedures.
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement in MBA products and processes.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Managing design projects under tight time and quality constraints.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Experience in areas such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Product costings and analyses
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Creation and delivery of presentation work.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1st / 2.1 Mechanical Engineering Degree Accredited by I-Mech-E
- Attention to Detail – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and others.
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
- Innovation – uses original thought to propose a meaningful innovative change.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Any applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency to be considered as they would need to be security cleared.
Please send us your CV by clicking Apply quoting the REFERENCE NUMBER DESENG0616/IET and Salary Expectations
More searches like this
- Automation Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer