Reliability & Maintainability Engineer
Martin-Baker F35 Lightning ll
Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service’, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Reliability & Maintainability Engineer working in the Design Support department at the Denham site. The role will involve determining the reliability, maintainability and safety of the product and in so doing will oversee the design activity to ensure reliability and maintainability specifications are met and systems are safe to operate when flying and during ejection.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct assessments using an analytical approach to ensure reliability, maintainability and safety of design.
- Produce computational predictions regarding reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Produce and present documentation detailing assessment outputs for both internal use and the customer.
- Participate in the IPT (Integrated Product Team) process; represent the function
- Achieve closure- FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System).
- Data acquisition management and maintenance.
- Revise and test quality of processes where appropriate.
- Review mechanical and electronic drawings.
- Perform Marginality of Success analyses on hardware subjected to testing and report accordingly.
- Understand customer requirements and end-user's maintenance concept in accordance with customer provided specification / statement of work.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2.1 Degree in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Good problem solving / investigative skills
- Strong numerical and verbal skills
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills
- Comprehensive data analysis skills
- Highly IT literate (Access, Excel, SAP, Word, Powerpoint)
- Extensive experience in writing technical documents/reports
- Attention to Detail – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and others.
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Through experience in working with the design of electro-mechanical systems.
- General experience of working and participating in a matrix team structure (Integrated Product Team).
- Thorough experience in developing design changes to incorporate Maintainability and Reliability features in a similar environment (Aerospace / Defence).
Any applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency to be considered as they would need to be security cleared.
Please click Apply and email us your CV quoting the REFERENCE NUMBER R&MENG0416/IET and Salary Expectations
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer