An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly competent and well qualified engineer to join us as a Lecturer in our Engineering Department. Ideally experienced in CAD CAM and CNC, the successful candidate will be capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner. As a Lecturer, the successful candidate would have access to our generous pension scheme and the possibility of career development opportunities. Teaching experience is not essential, but it is crucial that you have a sound background in mechanical engineering.
Being employed at Kendal College offers more than just a career. Our stunning location, on the edge of the Lake District National Park, offers plenty of work/life balance and our generous benefits package – including our pension scheme, training and staff discounts - places the College at the forefront of the industry in looking after its employees.
It is testament to our highly skilled employees that we are consistently ranked in the top five per cent of UK Colleges for student success rates (16-18yr) and, thanks to an ongoing investment programme, we have an outstanding and unrivalled range of modern facilities and resources.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop a stimulating an exciting programme for learners.
- To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
- To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment
- Level 3 Vocational qualification
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
- Assessor Award
- A degree or equivalent qualification in the related discipline
- Experience of working in a mechanical engineering industrial/commercial environment
- Experience with CAD, machining or CNC or a willingness to learn these skills within 1 year of appointment
- Recent experience of teaching in an FE/HE environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective use of ILT to promote teaching and learning and monitor learning
- Good general knowledge of health and safety at work in an educational and the relevant vocational environment
- Ability to provide high quality pastoral care to learners
- Effective classroom management skills
- Comprehensive current technical knowledge and skills commensurate with the required vocational delivery
Essential requirements are those without which application will not normally be considered for appointment.
As a College employee you will be expected to embrace our College values and implement College policies and procedures by:
- Seeing learners as our priority
- Embracing equal opportunities and respecting diversity
- Working co-operatively with colleagues
- Respecting and valuing the work of all our stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Adhering to College policies and procedures
- Promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the college is subject to an Enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
Whether you are a graduate, an experienced professional or looking for a change in career, we would like to hear from you.
The latest job application form, along with a detailed job description, can be downloaded from the College website via the apply button