Principal Stress/Thermal Engineer
An opportunity has arisen in a dynamic team for an engineer with significant experience in structural and/or thermal analysis to utilise their skills working on a multitude of UK and International Weapon System programmes and also on various Research and Development activities.
- Perform a full range of structural and/or thermal analyses and investigations, including evaluation, selection of technical options, and preparation of supporting reports
- Produce structural and/or thermal testing requirements with supporting calculations and oversee testing activities
- Plan, control and deliver assigned project work ensuring outputs are delivered to plan
- Act as the main point of contact with customers (internal and external), suppliers and collaborators for assigned structural/thermal analysis matters
- Potentially manage a team of analysts, with responsibility for their development and quality of work
- Provide mentoring/coaching to help and direct less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
What’s in it for you?
- Varied, challenging and interesting work
- Regular interactions with other Departments within MBDA (e.g. Mechanical/Electrical Design, Environmental Engineering, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Integration)
- Excellent ‘on the job’ and formal training support
- The opportunity to develop towards either a technical expert or senior people/technical management role
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a highly motivated team with a strong desire to constantly improve its effectiveness and influence within MBDA
- The team consists of about 35 engineers and a strong focus is put on developing a supportive and fulfilling workplace environment in which people feel valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential
- With a range of skill sets across all fields of structural and thermal analysis, you will have the opportunity to develop in various technical fields
- The team is responsible for the structural certification of all UK weapon systems in MBDA and reviewing and accepting supplier compliances
What are we looking for?
- The candidate shall be Degree qualified or equivalent and have substantial relevant industrial experience
- The candidate shall possess excellent problem solving skills and a sound fundamental knowledge of stress and/or thermal analysis skills/techniques
- The candidate shall be self-motivated, determined and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- The candidate may be required to lead a small team of analysts, therefore strong people management skills/experience are an advantage
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)