Support Controls Engineer
TAIT Stage Technologies is a leading global automation technology company, who provide high-specification mechanical, electrical and software engineering solutions for the live entertainment industries.
We are looking for a Support Controls Engineer to join our team!
As part of the Support department you will be providing support to customers during breakdowns and in the case of general enquiries. Additionally, you will carry out system upgrades, modifications and inspections/maintenance. Some basic mechanical work will be included with this role.
- Log all work and enquiries on the Helpdesk System and keep records up to date;
- Responding to customer enquiries;
- Preparing equipment for site;
- Assisting with specifying and planning of works including basic electrical design;
- Compiling final customer reports;
- System inspections/maintenance and testing plus basic mechanical maintenance;
- Control system commissioning;
- Project Management of certain tasks;
- Play an active role in the support team, and work with other departments to ensure the smooth running and economical success of the company;
- Work proactively, taking the initiative where necessary and with minimum supervision;
- Adhere to defined deadlines and schedules, whilst remaining within budgetary constraints;
- Liaise directly with customers and clients ensuring excellent customer satisfaction;
- Assist in generating new business for the company;
- Resolve any issues arising with colleagues in a professional manner; and
- Ensure health and safety policies are adhered to.
Person Specification - Requirements (Essential and Desirable)
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent vocational experience.
- A good all-round general education.
- PLC programming;
- Control theory;
- Electrical theory and safety; and
- Understanding of mechanical systems.
- Siemens Step7, Simotion & WinCC;
- TAIT Navigator control system (advantageous);
- Network configuration; Fieldbus communications; and
- Functional safety.
- Working as part of a team;
- Working on your own;
- System fault finding;
- Working with clients;
- Project Management; and
- Site Inspections.
- Design or commissioning of industrial motion control systems, especially using Siemens, Control Techniques and Beckhoff technologies; andWorking in the entertainment industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office.
Skills and Aptitudes Required
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisation and time management skills;
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Proven manual dexterity;
- Problem solving and fault finding skills;
- Flexible attitude to work; and
- Mechanical maintenance.
- Theatre; and
Personal Qualities Required
- Hard working; and
- An enquiring mind.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Current UK driving licence.
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of the role and responsibilities and they may be subject to change when required.
INTERESTED? PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ENSURING THAT YOU ATTACH AN UP-TO-DATE CV. A COVER EMAIL/LETTER WOULD ALSO BE USEFUL. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR SALARY EXPECTATIONS ARE PLEASE!
POLITE REQUEST - NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES SHOULD CONTACT THE TAIT STAGE TECHNOLOGIES HR TEAM ABOUT THIS VACANCY.