EQUIPMENT YOU’VE NEVER USED BEFORE.
DEVELOPMENT YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE.
A CAREER YOU’VE NEVER IMAGINED BEFORE.
Salary - £26,544 - £28,382
Plus up to a £5,000 welcome package*
Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns will be considered.
Who we are
Welcome to HMGCC, Her Majesty's Government Communications Centre. Where the most highly innovative and complex communication systems used by the British Government are brought to life. It’s manufacturing like you’ve never known it before. Ours is a world of pioneering products, custom one-offs and very special builds, so there’s always a new challenge to test your skills and keep your mind fresh. Add to that our brand new, state-of-the-art facility and the chance to safeguard our nation; it’s the perfect place to hone your expertise.
What you’ll do
What makes us different is that you’ll get involved in the whole process – from defining sequences of operations to preparing parts for finishing. As part of our dynamic team, you’ll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components while working with a variety of customers and engineers. You’ll also:
- Prepare high quality parts for finishing working from Raw part through to final completion of components from a range of different processes including 3D printed, CNC machines and Fabricated
- Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions
- Use your initiative to decide how you’ll finish a product, effectively working through all required stages to prepare and finish the components
- Take pride in your work and adhere to our procedures, policies and responsibilities including Health and Safety best practice
- Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required.
What you’ll need
- A recognised apprenticeship in painting and finishing or relevant experience.
- Proven knowledge of Aquabase/Pack Spray finishing.
- Powder coating skills and experience.
- Experience of working with a range of different substrates including Metals, Plastics, Rapid Prototypes.
- In-depth knowledge of part preparation for coating including cleaning, masking and Jigging.
- Good computer and communication skills.
- The ability and desire to spot and make improvements.
- A strategic outlook that draws on your experience to solve problems in a logical way.
- Confidence in your ability to get the job done, even under pressure.
High-tech and modern with a real campus feel, our home at Hanslope Park is a Government centre of excellence. We ensure that the Government's cyber security is watertight, so of course our resources are world-class. Here, more than 500 of us (and growing) combine the creative adrenaline of a small-to-medium sized technology company with the in-depth resources and security of a rapidly growing organisation. Join us.
To find out more and apply, visit hmgcc.gov.uk
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
To apply to HMGCC you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and primarily have lived in the UK for eight of the last ten years. In addition, one of your parents must be a British citizen, or have substantial ties to the UK.