Test Engineer (Manufacturing)
EQUIPMENT YOU’VE NEVER USED BEFORE.
DEVELOPMENT YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE.
A CAREER YOU’VE NEVER IMAGINED BEFORE.
Test Engineer (Manufacturing)
Salary - £32,010 - £34,226
Plus up to a £5,000 welcome package*
Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns will be considered.
Who we are
Welcome to HMGCC, Her Majesty's Government Communications Centre. Where the most highly innovative and complex communication systems used by the British Government are brought to life. It’s manufacturing like you’ve never known it before. Ours is a world of pioneering products, custom one-offs and very special builds, so there’s always a new challenge to test your skills and keep your mind fresh. Add to that our brand new, state-of-the-art facility and the chance to safeguard our nation; it’s the perfect place to hone your expertise.
What you’ll do
What makes us different is that you’ll get involved in the whole process. As part of our dynamic team, you’ll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components while working with a variety of customers and engineers. Best of all, we’ll give you the freedom to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, as long as you can deliver. You’ll also:
- Design and manufacture bespoke high quality components within challenging and demanding timescales
- Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions
- Use your initiative to decide how you’ll finish a product, while working through all manufacturing stages as required
- Take pride in your work and adhere to our procedures, policies and responsibilities including Health and Safety best practice
- Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required and provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
What you’ll need
- Experience within a previous electrical role where you have used a variety of test equipment.
- To have been trained to BTEC, ONC or HNC Level or equivalent.
- Experience in fault finding down to component level.
- RF, rack building and LabView programming experience.
- Knowledge of industrial standards, safety regulations and local codes of practice and the ability to work to them consistently.
- To enjoy team working and coming up with creative solutions to problems.
- The ability to quickly adapt to unplanned changes in priorities.
- The desire to seek continuous improvement in everything you do.
High-tech and modern with a real campus feel, our home at Hanslope Park is a Government centre of excellence. We ensure that the Government's cyber security is watertight, so of course our resources are world-class. Here, more than 500 of us (and growing) combine the creative adrenaline of a small-to-medium sized technology company with the in-depth resources and security of a rapidly growing organisation. Join us.
To find out more and apply, visit hmgcc.gov.uk
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
To apply to HMGCC you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and primarily have lived in the UK for eight of the last ten years. In addition, one of your parents must be a British citizen, or have substantial ties to the UK.