Trainee Patent Attorney
Interested in a career helping innovative companies protect their inventions?
Alistair Hindle Associates is a young and dynamic firm of European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys based in Edinburgh. We’re looking for an outstanding electronic or electrical engineer to join our fast growing team as a trainee patent attorney.
Initially assisting senior attorneys with a wide range of patent attorney work, our trainee will quickly gain responsibility as their knowledge and experience grows. A high standard of training will be provided, as well as support in preparing for the UK and European professional qualifying examinations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to kick-start their career in a rewarding, varied and fast-paced profession.
What is a patent attorney?
Patent attorneys sit at the interface between law and science, meeting with inventors, discussing their inventions, drafting patent applications, arguing with Patent Offices to obtain grant of patents and providing associated legal advice. The work is interesting and very intellectually challenging.
If you are have strong analytical and communication skills, the ability to pick up complex technical ideas quickly and keen attention to detail, combined with an exemplary academic record, you could be exactly what we’re looking for.
For this position, applicants must have or be about to obtain a Masters degree in electronic or electrical engineering. You will also require good scientific general knowledge and the ability to write high quality technical English. A PhD or industrial research experience would be an advantage but is not essential. As this position is for a trainee, prior experience of patent work is not required or expected.
We have a reputation for excellence in both the quality of the work that we do, and the client service which we deliver. The quality, responsivity, and attitude of our people form the bedrock of our firm and we believe the quality of our team sets us apart. As such, we’re looking for an individual who shares our commitment to excellence.
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging work dealing predominantly with direct clients, ranging from high-technology start-up companies to multinational corporations;
- A commitment to training and professional development;
- An opportunity to get involved in decision-making from the start;
- Competitive salary and excellent long-term prospects;
- A friendly working environment.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Apply with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
More jobs like this
- Business & Non-Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Business & Finance
- Business & Non-Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Design
- Business & Non-Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Electro-Mechanical
- Business & Non-Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Manufacturing & Production
- Business & Non-Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Project Engineering