Teledyne e2v is an exciting place to work.
Across the globe we deliver innovative developments in technology for high performance systems and equipment across Civil Aerospace, Defence & Security, Space, Industrial, Medical & Science applications. The RF Power Division pioneers industry leading innovation and technology across healthcare, life sciences, defence and security, transportation and industrial markets around the world.
Overview of role
Working within the RF Power Engineering Function and across market areas you will support major new product developments of Vacuum tube based devices and systems.
You will provides support on a spectrum of activities related to the design, physical construction and evaluation of vacuum tubes and associated components, bringing knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering, materials science, vacuum processes and hermetic seals to bear.
In this role you will:
* Capture customer requirements and expectations and incorporates in to robust product designs ensuring performance, reliability and life meet or exceed expectations.
* In conjunction with microwave design engineers and mechanical designers, develop optimum electro-mechanical designs for vacuum devices and associated components and systems using knowledge of materials, assembly tolerances, surface finish, thermal/structural variation and design sensitivity;
* Determineand capture design intent for product, defines critical to quality features and quality check points for inclusion in to product data packs.
* Provide assessment of and solutions for thermal management, calculating impact on structural integrity, material selection, processing requirements and assembly methods.
* Identifyand evaluate novel manufacturing techniques; identifying opportunities to implement for optimisation of product designs and manufacturability.
* Develop design methodologies and selects, for use, appropriate engineering assessment tools and processes.
* Validate new processes. Specifying process control requirements and developing programmes of work to capture impact on device performance.
* Use appropriate tools, 8D etc. to drive prompt resolution of problems.
* Identify, selects and work with test engineering to identify and select, appropriate test methodologies to ensure robust verification of new product designs.
To be successful, you are likely to have experience of:
* Materials selection;
* Material joining techniques for hermetic sealing;
* Technical work package management;
* Preparation of project documentation and work instructions;
* Problem solving techniques, 8d etc;
* Fundamentals of heat transfer;
* Fundamental of electro-mechanical engineering;
* Design for Manufacture;
* DFMEA, PFMEA.
To apply for this vacancy please send us your CV by clicking apply, using reference 1511/IET