Systems Engineer - Quantum
Teledyne e2v is an exciting place to work, come and join us!
Across the globe we deliver innovative developments in technology for high performance systems and equipment across Civil Aerospace, Defence & Security, Space, Industrial, Medical & Science applications. Our expertise has seen our involvement is some of the highest profile projects, from radar control in the Eurofighter Typhoon to kicker magnet control in CERN’s large hadron collider and the x-ray source in 90% of the world’s cancer radiotherapy treatment machines.
Would you like to be a part of our team of our team working on genuinely exciting projects at the cutting edge of science and technology?
Overview of role
The Technology group within RF Power at Teledyne e2v is responsible for the identification of new high-technology business opportunities with significant growth potential. In recent years Teledyne e2v has secured a leading position in the industrialisation of Quantum Technologies which are currently being developed at UK universities and institutions.
When you join us, you will be part of the dynamic and rapidly growing team which is developing this exciting new business opportunity within the group. Working closely with the lead Systems Engineer and other engineering functions and external partners, you will play a key role in the delivery of a wide range of projects to both the internal and/or external customer, using a systems engineering approach, to bring ground breaking new products to market.
In this role you will:
- Work with the business unit, engineering team, project management team, external partner and customer to identify and document user and system requirements;
- Deliver high quality engineering artefacts; including, but not limited to: Requirements and Architecture Documents, Reports, Interface Control Documents;
- Analyse system level requirements and definition of system architecture, behaviour, functionality and performance;
- Understand and clarify the key features of the complete system and then, by functional analysis, divide it into subsystems complete with proper interfaces. Work with the engineering team to develop requirements into various system and engineering specifications;
- Support the Project Manager and Technical Authority in the co-ordination and management of day-to-day project activities and maintaining design integrity – ensuring a balanced approach, considering all aspects of the system specification are considered at all times;
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors during development;
- Ensure appropriate configuration and change management of engineering artefacts;
- Support configuration and change management of sub-contract and programme contract / scope changes;
- Become an expert within the team on aspects of the whole system design and provide support across the wider team.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have:
- Knowledge of systems engineering lifecycle concepts and approaches;
- Demonstrable experience of the application of the systems engineering approach to complex activities;
- An understanding of a complex products or systems based on physics and/or electronics;
- Practical experience of all stages of the systems development lifecycle;
- The ability to build ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to aid the capture, analysis and negotiation of system requirements;
- The ability to develop verification procedures and undertake verification activities;
- Demonstrable experience of requirements capture and analysis, including functional analysis.
To apply for this vacancy please send us your CV by clicking apply, using reference 1620/IET