Technical Specialist - Materials Science
Teledyne e2v is an exciting place to work.
Across the globe we deliver innovative developments in technology for high performance systems and equipment across Civil Aerospace, Defence & Security, Space, Industrial, Medical & Science applications.
We now have an opportunity for a technical specialist to join our Central Technical Services Team providing scientific services in the areas of components and products, manufacturing processes and laboratory services. These cover the technical disciplines of chemistry, materials and physics in a development and manufacturing environment.
This is a laboratory-based role for a materials scientist to provide specialist investigation of materials, components and processes used in engineering and manufacture. You will thrive on carrying out root-cause analysis over a range of challenging materials, employing advanced analytical techniques.
In this role you will:
- Project manage non-standard technical investigations
- Act as part of the laboratory leadership team
- Act as owner for specific laboratory processes, equipment and services
- Coach, guide and provide governance for divisions through high-level advice in specialist technical areas
- Provide high-level technical support on HSE issues
- Support quality systems
- Support external activities on a wide range of techical issues
- Develop and capture corporate knowledge
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge of material science with practical experience of some of the following techniques and processes: physical testing, root-cause analysis, scanning electron microscopy, EDS, thin-film deposition, residual-gas analysis
- Experience in managing technical investigations. Ideally but not exclusively gained in a semiconductor, microelectronics manufacturing
- Experience in interacting with business systems to increase operational efficiency
- A flexible approach and be able to react to changing business priorities
Ideally, you will also have some knowledge of the following:
- High-technology engineering and manufacturing
- Semiconductor processing and packaging
- Vacuum technology
To apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV by clicking Apply, quoting reference 1513/IET