Electrical Controls Technician
Electrical Controls technician
- Design, procure, install, configure, cable and commission the necessary control infrastructure, including racks, power and signal converters, network switches and data acquisition units required for the supervision of electrical equipment.
- Contribute to the consolidation of a centralized data engineering tool to maximise automatic data configuration for the entire control chain.
- Coordinate on-site activities with the contractors.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot control equipment and communication bus faults.
- Produce relevant technical documentation and reports.
- Define control cabling conventions and SCADA alarm descriptions for new supervised equipment in collaboration with the operation team and equipment managers.
Qualification and Experience required
Higher Technical Diploma in Controls Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Experience and competencies
- Extensive experience in the installation, engineering, testing and maintenance of controls and data acquisition systems.
- Demonstrated experience in serial or Ethernet based fieldbus installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience in programming of PLC and automation systems.
The technical competencies required are:
- Programming/Software development: languages: c, c++, java.
- Management, configuration and operation of SCADA systems.
- Installation, tests, and maintenance of communication buses and PLC systems; PLC programming.
- Management, configuration and tests of Data Acquisition systems and electrical measurement devices;
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems is considered an asset.
Deadline for this position : 03.09.2017.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
Please visit our website for more information on the experience and competencies, eligibility conditions and employment conditions.