FMD Area I&E Engineer
We currently have a vacancy for a FMD Area I&E Engineer for the Ince Site Fertiliser Manufacturing Department. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects and modifications whilst also providing shutdown and maintenance support on the FMD area.
- The I&E Asset Engineer for the FMD area.
- Management and execution of I&E projects and modifications across the FMD area to time and budget constraints.
- Providing I&E engineering support to the plant manufacturing organisation to ensure the maximum process on-stream factors are safely achieved.
- Execution of the I&E aspects of multi-disciplinary projects managed by others.
- Planning and execution of plant shutdowns to time and budget constraints.
- Management of I&E Supervisors, Team Leaders and Contractors during shutdowns and project installation / commissioning activities.
- Maintenance and modification of the site DCS and ESD systems. This will require the jobholder to develop a high level of skill in numerous engineering configuration software packages.
- Conversant with current legislation with respect to the I&E Engineering function within the company, to help ensure that compliance is met.
- Proactive at suggesting operational and maintenance improvements in all areas of the business.
- Ensuring that all I&E engineering records are maintained and updated as required when new equipment is brought into commission.
- Assisting with technical evaluations and investigations of incidents, near misses, I&E component or system failures.
- Drafting of new policy documents, engineering scopes, maintenance and testing procedures for approval by the Site I&E Engineer.
- You will be an I&E Engineer with experience of working within a chemical or similar industrial environment.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of I&E equipment installation and maintenance is essential.
- Have experience of software configuration, testing and commissioning must be demonstrated.
- Thorough understanding of I&E Engineering, including knowledge of regulatory requirements including Safety Instrumented Systems, electrical installations regulations and testing, Ex installation inspections and management.
- Knowledge of process safety management and working under COMAH regulations.
- Experience in the specification, installation and maintenance of instrumentation and control valves.
- Experience of DCS/PLC system programming, testing and commissioning.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
Applicants will be Degree qualified in Instrument/Electrical/Control Engineering. Ideally a Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartership.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is part of CF Industries, a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and process chemicals with operations in the USA, Canada and UK. The Company employs around 550 people across two Upper Tier COMAH manufacturing sites at Ince near Chester and Billingham on Teesside. A highly successful business we also value and look after our people by providing great training and outstanding rewards