IE Maintenance Manager
We are looking for someone to take up the role of IE Maintenance Manager, to manage the execution of all IE maintenance on site. To ensure all statutory and regulatory aspects of IE maintenance management are met. To drive change in IE maintenance practices in line with the Ince J2R strategy. This is a contract role.
- Safe execution of work - To be responsible for maintaining a management presence on site for the purpose of driving high safety standards. To drive compliance with site procedures and work to remove any barriers to compliance.
- Regulatory Compliance – To work with site instrument and electrical engineers as well as site management to ensure the suite of IE maintenance activities carried out ensure CF Ince complies with regulatory and COMAH requirements.
- Team Management – You will be responsible for the direct line management of the 3 x IE supervisors and 2 x IE planners. You will be required to train, coach and performance manage the team to help ensure delivery of the maintenance and site objectives. A key focus area for this aspect of the role is clarity and definition of roles and responsibilities within the team.
- Asset Reliability – You will be responsible for the effective delivery of planned preventative IE maintenance to ensure regulatory compliance as well as asset reliability. This will include monitoring of KPI’s to ensure all prescribed routines are carried out as well as ensuring the day to day support of operational activities is managed by the IE team.
- Cost Control – Through removing barriers to inefficiency within the technician team and moving to a more planned preventative maintenance regime, as well as increased focus on contractor cost control, you will ensure that value for money is achieved in the execution of IE maintenance activities. This will also involve tracking and monitoring of cost control metrics.
- J2R – A key aspect of this role is to work with the site J2R team to help define and then deliver the changes proposed by the Ince Maintenance Journey to Reliability. Key areas for 2017 include WO prioritisation and backlog management, KPI data and monitoring and changes to EAM to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced IE Engineer or Maintenance Manager with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the industry. A thorough working knowledge of IE equipment and maintenance as well as industry best practice in the field of maintenance management is essential. Experience of managing teams and driving change within an organisation would be beneficial.
Skills and competencies
- Thorough understanding of IE Engineering, including knowledge of regulatory requirements including SIS testing, electrical regulations and EX inspection and management.
- Knowledge of process safety management and working under COMAH regulations.
- Experience in developing and implementing quality management processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing teams, delivering results through others and performance management of individuals and teams.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is part of CF Industries, a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and process chemicals with operations in the USA, Canada and UK. The Company employs around 550 people across two Upper Tier COMAH manufacturing sites at Ince near Chester and Billingham on Teesside. A highly successful business we also value and look after our people by providing great training and outstanding rewards.