Product Software Developer
General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
An opportunity to work on the development of software components, including defining & executing unit tests.
Shall be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the product level of integration. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Shall be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the next level of integration.
- An ability to identify problems, likely causes and identify solutions.
- Ability to identify integration target, diagnostic and test tools to run code.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of software design in design experience, preferably in complex systems.
- Experience using code writing standards and processes.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies desirable.
- Hold or be capable of holding security clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- Have familiarity with software implementations for the following languages :-
- Experience of Agile & Rational Team Concert, a software development team collaboration tool
- Good verbal and written communication skills & good customer relationship skills.
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Familiar with Defence Standards, Military Standards and EC Directives. Experience using code writing standards and processes.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies desirable
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager