Senior Engineering Manager - Asset Management
3 days left
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
The Senior Engineering Manager - Asset Management is responsible for working in collaboration with the senior leadership team to provide leadership and direction for the Engineering team at Gatwick Airport.
The role operates with a high degree of autonomy, responsible for designing and executing asset management strategies across and leading the asset stewardship programme. The position requires personal drive, motivation, initiative, innovation and the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Accountable for providing leadership and direction for the Engineering team.
- Accountable for the integrity of the asset management processes and procedures, ensuring that they are fit for purpose in order to deliver the required performance
- Provide advice, support and training to ensure that the asset stewardship programme is understood across the business and that business unit accountability / responsibility for delivery is clearly understood.
- Create and manage the process for prioritising and ensuring timely asset replacement, ensuring the delivery of the agreed plan through Programme Leaders
- Lead the ISO55001 accreditation programme across all relevant Business Units, ensuring delivery targets are established and progress reporting established.
- Collaborates with other Stakeholders to ensure that any off plan performance, including unplanned (reactive) fault work, is managed in an integrated effective and efficient way to enable plan delivery.
- Responsible for delivering the Engineering contribution to Gatwick Airport's sustainability plan, via targeted strategies for carbon footprint reduction (energy management), waste recycling, surface water quality compliance and flood resilience.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to coach, facilitate and create opportunities for learning for others
- IEng or CEng qualified, Nebosh, SMSTS or equivalent
- Strong continuous improvement background, analytical and communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of working with Unions and ER engagement
- Extensive proven experience in leading large teams in an Engineering environment focusing on innovation and operational excellence
- Proven ability to manage complex environments including multiple third party coordination
- Creating and negotiating complex service contracts
- Proven knowledge & understanding of working with unions and employee relations engagement