Software Test Development Engineer
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Design and Development Engineer for an exciting opportunity within our test systems team. This is a senior role enabling you to improve and apply your technical skills across our broad range of missile and missile systems products in the development of test solutions responding to the functionality and performance requirements associated with our complex products.
The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, developing software for test equipment used in product development and/or production pass-out. The role lies within the Embedded Software department and incorporates engineers across a range of multi-faceted test systems.
In this role you will be:
- Working closely with test equipment system design engineers, product design engineer and systems engineers.
- Engineering design development and proving of test equipment software in response to the product test requirements and test equipment hardware definitions.
- Performing integration activities where test equipment hardware, software and the unit under test, come together for the first time.
- Identifying the cause of problems, resolving performance issues and implementing software modification as necessary or recommending other remedial actions if required.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for an enthusiastic individual looking to improve their engineering skills.
- You will be working with teams in both the UK and wider international Software Engineering organisation, ultimately supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on. Consequently there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills at an exciting time for Software Engineering in the wider business.
What’s great about the team?
- The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
- The Embedded Software department develops the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. The department applies small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.
What are we looking for?
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Software developer able to make decisions for software development. Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role
- You will have a strong ability to write software in C - experience in the use of National Instruments LabWindows/CVI and TestStand would be advantageous.
- You will have expertise in electronic test measurement techniques, with an ability to provide automated control of general purpose test instrumentation.
- Be able to produce reports on progress, achievements and issues to the Group Leader as required.
- Ability to program using C++.
- Knowledge of Software configuration management tools an techniques.
- Understanding of standard communications and test equipment interfaces.
- Experience of developing real time software such as IntervalZero
- Have an ability to influence product test strategy.
- Be capable of developing a collaborative relationship with other team members.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An approach focused on a timely high quality solution.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)