Based at Manchester Airport
Permanent – £45,000 upwards dependent upon experience + Bonus + Benefits
This exciting role is within our senior engineering team. You will provide technical expertise for our security & screening function, you will develop, coordinate and implement the aims and objectives of MAG to ensure plant/function availability and lifecycle cost reports. You will continually monitor and review the effectiveness of these policies and strategies, including the review and actioning of monthly Asset availability reports and Asset failures
Typical Duties will include:
- To effectively deliver the MAG Asset maintenance plans for the specific Asset Engineering function, ensuring that Asset availability is maximized and cost minimised
- To be the single point of contact in relation to maintenance programme delivery and Asset failure reporting for the specific Asset Engineering function
- Take ownership of the relevant section/s of the Asset Engineering manual ensuring that all policies, Safe Systems of Work and other operational instructions are up to date and in line with industry best practice and any governing legislation
- Take ownership of budget management in relation to the specific Asset function and produce reports to the Asset Maintenance Operations Manager. Liaise with the relevant Finance personnel to ensure budgets are managed in line with the business the prevailing plan.
- Act as technical expert for the execution of maintenance for a defined range of plant equipment and services, giving advice and support to all internal personnel, maintenance contractors, project and design staff.
- Performances monitor service delivery provided by in house Engineering Technicians ensuring the maintenance activities are execute in line with the overall Asset plans and that MAG’s Maximo system is fully utilised and all labour costs are recorded against relevant the Asset base, also ensuring team productivity is managed/reported effectively.
- Manage a small specialist Asset maintenance team and also co-ordinate the responsibilities of a number of shift based colleagues
- Professional qualification in Electrical/Mechanical/Building Services – Minimum HNC
- Vast experience within an operational Engineering Management environment (Engineering management, mechanical/electrical systems design, construction and/or maintenance, or closely related field)
- Previous experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing and coaching high performing teams
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills to motivate multidisciplinary networks to work towards a common goal
- Previous experience of managing people and operational change
- Good communication skills to be able to present a case briefly and logically
- Previous experience of specialising in security and screening equipment is desirable
What we Offer
MAG offers a competitive salary plus pension, free parking and benefits package. We are an employer of choice and can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities in an exciting and dynamic business.
Closing date for this role will be Friday 15th September 2017
More searches like this
- Building Services Aerospace & Aviation jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Aerospace & Aviation jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electro-Mechanical Aerospace & Aviation jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Aerospace & Aviation jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Aerospace & Aviation jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer