Application Support Manager / Project Engineer
Are you an excellent Project Manager with good customer communication skills? Do you enjoy finding creative, and commercially viable, solutions to design problems? We have an opening for a candidate to lead our Application Support function. This team is focused on helping our customers integrate our products into their designs and deal with any issues that arise. We are a fast growing and profitable company based in London and looking for dynamic people to joining our talented team.
Who We Are?
Precision Microdrives (PMD) is an innovative technology company that designs, produces and trades miniature electro-mechanical mechanisms. These motor mechanisms are used in mobile phones, wearables, tablets, cars, aeroplanes, medical equipment etc. PMD is an integral part of the industry supply chain and deals with small, medium and large companies - the market is very large and we have plenty of room to grow.
What We Are Looking For?
We are looking for an experienced project manager probably with an engineering background to lead our Application Support team. You will have excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will be used to budgeting and managing technical resources to achieve project goals and experience within the electronics or product design industries, maybe an advantage. You will enjoy communicating with customers and have an international perspective.
Our marketing team generates the interest and enquires from potential customers; these enquiries then get fed to our Application Support team who work with the customer to assess feasibility, and develop a range of solutions using our existing products - or developing new as required. You will work closely with the Sales Team to ensure that the enquiry can be converted into business for us. You will also work with existing customers on any issues that arise with the use of our products in the field. In short you need to use your technical aptitude and skills to solve problems, and every day is different. You will be expected to interact with new or current clients and this is where your ‘can do’ attitude and professional manner will shine through.
As a small fast growing business you will be involved and influence the commercial decisions that will take the company forward. You will also provide a key interface between the commercial operations based in London and the fulfilment which is located in HongKong.
On an average day, you will be expected to do the following:
- Prioritise and resource Customer Opportunities based on their commercial potential
- Manage the Application Support Engineers to deliver solutions to customers, both pre and post Sales.
- Develop specifications and proposals to support customer’s requirements.
- Working with the design/development engineers in Hong Kong to help develop and prove new concepts and ideas.
- Liaise with customers via phone or email - understanding their problems and guiding them to off-the-shelf products that provide solutions.
- Maintain and Develop the Product catalogue, investigating new potential product opportunities and business streams.
- Help smash the sales target and have a great time - banter is compulsory in the office!
A career at PMD is different from other places, we have modern tools and streamlined processes compared to other companies, we provide excellent training and development. We have a friendly, achievement orientated, atmosphere where you’re given the freedom and responsibilities to get the job done without interference. Also, the fruits of your labour will be a mechanism for something that will offer tangible, sometimes life-changing, benefits to people throughout the world.
Requirements & Compensation
- £40,000 - £55,000 starting salary dependant on experience plus team based bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to develop within a high growth business.
- You must be able to speak and write English to a native standard.
- An ability to speak and write technical information in English to a high standard, if you can also do this in a second language that would be highly advantageous.
- You must be able to work full-time office hours in our London office (Kennington Oval) and have the necessary visas / work permits to take on a full-time permanent role in the UK.
- Have a team ethos and a can-do attitude.
The Work Environment
We work hard within a friendly and relaxed atmosphere of purposeful activity. We all get stuck-in and help-out, but late nights aren’t expected; problems and issues get fixed quickly. We get a regular delivery of snacks and fruit which team-members are free to plunder as and when they want, and we have a decent espresso machine on hand. We take it in turns to choose our favourite Spotify playlist to be played in the background.
Everyone in the team works from their own fully adjustable sit / standing gas-lift desk, a comfy Aeron chair and a powerful PC with triple monitors. Most of our team have an engineering background, and there’s a constant buzz of innovating, reverse engineering, hacking together proof-of-concept solutions; trying to improve both the products we sell, and the way our company runs. We operate Flexi-time based on an 8 hour day plus an hour for lunch - so that’s 8-10am till 5-7pm.
We Want To Hear From You!
If you think this is for you, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us about yourself. We’re a little old school, so we like to receive covering letters and it’s great to know that you have read this advert rather than just ‘ticked and clicked’.
Speak soon, Team PMD.
Apply for Application Support Manager / Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Design
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Electrical
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Electro-Mechanical
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Mechanical
- Engineering Manager Software & Hardware jobs in Project Engineering