General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
Working within an Agile environment your role will be to deliver the Configuration Management processes behind the CM plan and ensure implementation across the Programme.
Working with the CM Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the Configuration management process and procedures are deployed. You will act as a focal point for CM knowledge and ensuring the associated configuration and product data management application is used.
You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with other engineers within the team to progressively develop technical, interpersonal and team working skills that are fundamental to the business and provide guidance and leadership for more junior engineers.
- Ensure baselines are configured, managed and released in line with programme and customer expectations
- Manage the Configuration Change Management Process including:
- Management on change on a daily basis
- Attending change Management Boards
- Progressing Change Workflows
- Promote consistent use of the CM toolsets and provide support to users
- Managing version control
- Ensuring releases and build processes are accurately documented and reported through the approved toolsets
- Compilation of Configuration Status Accounting
- Supporting Release Control Points
- Managing Bills of Materials
- Support Product and Programme Audits as required
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience of working with CM
- Technical awareness of engineering applications and understanding of systems/product engineering lifecycles and phases
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both written and orally across multi-functional teams dealing with software and hardware products
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize own work
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
- Ability to read/understand technical documentation and analyse to a degree sufficient to support CM activities
- Understands CM and DM requirements to provide guidance and value added CM
- Experience of the application and use of PDMLink tool.
- Defence/aerospace industry background
- Experience in the use of the IBM ALM Toolset
- Experience of Oracle ERP
- Formal CM Qualification
- Track record of influencing process improvement to increase efficiency
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager